Living in Penzance
At the age of 11 years, most pupils transfer to one of five 11-16 year-old mixed comprehensive schools: Cape Cornwall - at St Just, Humphry Davy and Mount's Bay - both located in Penzance - or to similar schools in Hayle and St Ives. Of these good schools, Cape Cornwall has the honour of being placed amongst the 32 'Outstandingly successful secondary schools' in this country in a recent report by HM Chief Inspector. Mounts Bay School has the honour of being placed amongst the 32 'Outstandingly successful secondary schools'.
The Bolitho School is a small, independent day and boarding school catering for all ages of pupils. It offers an accelerated form of the national curriculum, whereby pupils take the Key Stage SATs tests a year early; there is an optional and unique bilingual section, where children learn to become bilingual in English and French; it targets a 90% rate at C grade and above for GCSE.
- The Bolitho School - Private School
- Polwithen, Penzance. Phone: 01736-363271
- Humphry Davy School - Secondary school
- Coombe Road, Penzance. Phone: 01736-363559
- Mounts Bay School - Secondary School
- Boscathnoe Lane, Heamoor, Penzance. Phone: 01736-363240
In surrounding area
- Cape Cornwall School - Secondary School
- Cape Cornwall Road, St Just, Penzance. Phone: 01736-788501