Sport in Penzance
Excellent sea fishing is available from rock and shore all around the coast. Charter boats run from Penzance and St Ives. There are several coarse fisheries around Penzance plus others at Germoe, St Buryan and St Ives. At Drift reservoir near Penzance, rainbow and brown trout can be caught by fly fishing from April to October. Tree Meadow near Hayle is open from March to December for rainbow and brown trout. Small brown trout can be caught in the local rivers.
More information on fishing can be obtained from:-
- Viking Charters - Fishing Boat Charters
- Dockers' Rest Café, Wharf Road, Penzance. Phone: 01736-368565
- Mounts Bay Angling Society - Sports Club
- c/o 9a Arundel Park, Connor Downs, Hayle.
- Woonsmith Lagoon - Sport Fishing
- Woonsmith Farm, Nancledra, Penzance. Phone: 07950-125872
- Drift Fly Fishing - Fishing
- Drift Reservoir, Drift, Penzance. Phone: 01736-786613
- Tree Meadow Trout Fishery - Trout Fishing
- Deveral Road, Fraddam, Hayle. Phone: 01736-850899