Sport in Penzance
The new Penzance Leisure Centre at St Clare includes a modern indoor 25m swimming pool, providing facilities for members of the public and organised groups
Penzance Swimming Association and Water Polo Club is reputed to be the oldest swimming club in the country. The Association provides competitive clubs and club swimmers can start from the age of 5 years. Activities include water polo, swim fit for adults and the 'Diddy Dolphins' from the age of 3 years. The club with its membership of 500 has a number of qualified A.S.A. teachers and coaches.
The recently restored Art Deco-style Jubilee outdoor pool on the promenade is open to the public in the summer months.
More information on swimming can be obtained from:-
- Jubilee Swimming Pool - Public Swimming Pool
- Battery Rocks, The Promenade, Penzance.
- Penzance Leisure Centre - Leisure Centre
- St Clare, Penzance. Phone: 01736-874744
- Penzance Swimming Club - Swimming Club
- St. Clare, Penzance.
- St Ives Leisure Centrre - Leisure Centre
- Trenwith Burrows, St Ives. Phone: 01736-797006